- This event has passed.
Habitat Build Project – Spring 2018
April 21, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Saint Andrew’s team is gearing up for April 21st, when we will build the walls for the Habitat House! All invited to a brief opening ceremony and blessing, then the work begins!
- Date: April 21, 8 a.m. Location: 1007 Henderson, Bryan – close to the church.
- The house is for the Alvarado family.
- Workdays are all Saturdays and most are half-day work sessions.
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older. Younger volunteers may help serve food and refreshments
- Please feel free to volunteer for more than one team.
- There will also be opportunity to provide a luncheon meal (or two) as well as snacks and cool drinks.
- Please feel free to contact the Habitat Faith in Action (FIA) team: Dan Beto ([email protected],
- Mark Lacey [email protected]) or Kathy Ritter ([email protected])
VOLUNTEER INTEREST FOR APRIL 21st: May contact Mark Lacey, [email protected]
ADDITIONAL WORK DATES: April 27, May 19, June 2, June 9, June 23, June 30, July 7, July 28
About the Alvarado Family:
Richard and Susie Alvarado have worked and lived in Bryan, TX, for more than 20 years. They have moved often, constantly trying to find a decent, affordable rental unit big enough for them and their three youngest children. They currently live in a two-bedroom apartment where the rent is scheduled to go up again. In just a few short months, they will make one final move into their new four-bedroom, two bathroom Habitat home. The home will give them the living and yard space they need, and they will be able to afford the mortgage payments.
Susie spoke at our Community Builders Breakfast on February 28 and explained how much the home will mean to her and Richard:
“We’ll provide a home for our children, they’ll have room to grow, play and thrive. As they get older, they will have security as they decide what they want to do with their lives. Eventually, it will be handed down to them, so my husband and I can rest assured that they will always have a place to call home.” We are excited to partner with the Alvarado family, and we invite you to join us this Saturday and watch the first walls of their home go up!