Seeking the Welfare of the City
We will seek to positively impact the health and well-being of the neighborhoods and comm unities around us; we will become agents of reconciliation in our communities; we will seek to address the underlying causes of the suffering we see around us in order to bring about lasting systemic change.
Habitat for Humanity Build project
Saint Andrew’s members / Faith in Action committee are stepping up to “build the beloved community”. The Committee felt there was no better way to do this than to participate with Habitat for Humanity in building a new home for a Bryan/College Station family in need of a home.
The cost of a Habitat home is approximately $55,000, and we are pleased that we have reached this goal. Our next step is to help provide food and onsite manual labor at the building site. See the information below for all details, thank you for your help in BUILDING THE BELOVED COMMUNITY and SEEKING THE WELFARE OF THE CITY.
Spring and Summer 2018 Build Project Dates:
April 21, 2018 – First Build Date, Opening Ceremony and Blessing, 8:00 a.m.
- The address is 1007 Henderson – close to the church.
- The house is for the Alvarado family (pictured in photo)
- Workdays are all Saturdays and most are half-day work sessions.
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older. Younger volunteers may help serve food and refreshments
- Please feel free to volunteer for more than one team.
- There will also be opportunity to provide a luncheon meal (or two) as well as snacks and cool drinks.
- Please feel free to contact the Habitat Faith in Action (FIA) team: Dan Beto (firstname.lastname@example.org; Mark Lacey (email@example.com); Kathy Ritter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Project Dates Are:
April 27, May 19, June 2, June 9, June 23, June 30, July 7, July 28
Please contact one of the leaders listed above for specific volunteer needs.